Kevin W. Bates is a partner with Hatch, James & Dodge. Kevin joined the firm in 1993 after working for Jones, Day Reavis & Pogue in its Dallas office and Davis, Graham & Stubbs in its Salt Lake City office. Kevin was a law clerk to the Honorable Albert J. Engel, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Kevin engages in a complex commercial litigation practice. He has represented small and large businesses, municipalities, and individuals in a variety of commercial litigation matters, including disputes related to contracts, trade secrets, patents, real estate development, construction, employment and real property disputes, among others. Kevin also has experience in commercial litigation involving multi-level marketing, network marketing, and direct-sales companies, having represented both distributors and companies in various disputes, including false advertising, trade secret and cross-recruiting cases.
- J. Reuben Clark College of Law, Brigham Young University, J.D., 1983
- Graduated Order of the Coif
- Editor and Member, BYU Law Review (1982-1983)
- Brigham Young University, B.A., Italian, 1980
- Graduated cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals