Phillip, a partner with Hatch, James & Dodge, engages in a complex commercial litigation practice. He has represented small and large businesses, municipalities, and individuals in a variety of commercial litigation matters, including disputes related to contracts, trade secrets, patents, real estate development, construction, environmental regulations, corporate malfeasance and other business torts, and real property disputes, among others. Phillip also has experience in commercial litigation involving multi-level marketing, network marketing, and direct-sales companies, having represented both distributors and companies in various disputes, including false advertising, trade secret and cross-recruiting cases.
Phillip joined the firm in 2005 after working for over a year as an attorney at the Utah Federal Defender’s Office. Phillip was also a summer associate at Christensen & Jensen, PC in 2002 and with Brown & Bain, now the Phoenix office of Perkins Coie, in 2003.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Named to Utah’s Legal Elite by Utah Business magazine
- Named a “Rising Star” by Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Participant, Aldon J. Anderson American Inns of Court, 2007-present.
- S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah, J.D., 2004
- Graduated Order of the Coif
- William H. Leary Scholar
- Executive Editor and Member, Utah Law Review (2002-2004)
- Outstanding Achievement Award in Criminal Law and Civil Procedure, CALI Award in International Law
- University of Indianapolis, B.A., English, 2000
- Graduated summa cum laude
- Member, Track & Field team (1996-2000)
- Academic All-Conference (1997-2000)
- Parker Jordan Male Scholar Athlete Award (1998)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals